Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Painting Fences and Picking Veggies

Before leaving the city this weekend, I picked everything that was ripe in the garden.  Boy, did I underestimate the amounts!  Can there be "too much" of a good thing?  I didn't have time to do anything with the produce so the beans, zucchini, and tomatillos went in the fridge, and the tomatoes went on the counter until I could get back home and preserve them. 

Then I picked these and those this weekend, and.....
this is what my counter looks like now that I am back in the city (minus the zucchini, the beans, the tomatillos and the black currants that I also picked from my bushes). 
You'll never guess what I am doing tomorrow (hopefully not the next day and the next day as well).

This weekend we finally finished staining the picket fences,
Bruce trimmed trees, I pruned the currants and shrubs, and we took the branches to the landfill.  I even managed to braid a few rows on my rug.  All in all, a productive weekend.

3 comments:

  1. You've been busy! So nice that we're having such a warm fall and can continue to harvest fabulous tomatoes. Tom Sawyer would be proud of that fence. Do you plan to retire to the Country Home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a bounty! Sounds like a productive weekend! My husband has been trimming trees too...we even have a dumpster at our curb to haul it all away:) He has also been promising to put up a picket fence. I'll have to show him this post! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you do with everything on your counter! The colors of your tomatoes are just beautiful. And you still have beans, I'm completely jealous. What variety of beans do you plant in your city home? Your fence is picture perfect :)

    ReplyDelete