Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Christmas Crafting.

It's that time again.
I don't start to decorate my house for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over.  I hate seeing decorations going up in stores and the Christmas offerings in Costco in September.  But when you give gifts you've made yourself you have to start early.
I finally finished the Dreaded (stockings from %#$@#) needlepoint stockings.  Now it was time to dig in and make these.
One is off the needles and I am working on the duplicate stitch and embroidery on the cuff.  The pattern is one I purchased at the Wool Cabin a few years ago.  It's a Dale of Norway pattern with 4 different stocking patterns that is no longer available.  
I've already cast on for the next one.  Only 7 more weekends to go until Christmas.
It really has crept up on me this year.  I am going to have a mad dash to the finish line.
What projects are you working on?

6 comments:

  1. I am working on the "Organize My Life Project." It has been going on now for some seventy plus years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, those are beautiful! They look like a lot of work. Please show us when they're all finished! I finally finished the 10-year sweater. Yipee!!!! Now I'm going to cast on for a stripey scarf that will be a fun, easy knit. Unless I decide to make some Christmas gifts -- I need to do some thinking and organizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this Xmas stocking!
    I'm with you, no Xmas decor up until December for me. I'm working on poufs for the grands and a few felt ornaments or their trees. Oh, there's a pile of tea towels I'm gradually stitching through too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great Bonnie. Scary to realise that Christmas is not that far off. I'm putting my fruit in to soak for my Christmas cake today!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit here and I must tell you I love that stone building in your header, and also that stocking will be a work of art. At church today I will buy some Christmas gift scarves and hats handmade by our church knitters, the Knit Wits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredibly detailed and beautiful! Love the variety of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete