Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Friday, March 4, 2011

A scarf for B.

I have a friend named B who is an artist.  She does pencil drawings of people and she can make paper come alive.  In fact, she can make a dull errand/party/any thing else come alive.  She loves life and it shows.  She is so generous with her time. When she greets me, she always asks, "What wonderful thing happened to you today"?  And she is genuinely wants to know.  B loves an adventure, and is always ready to go on one.
Two days ago, I had an errand in another town.  It involved stopping at two needlework stores and B went along for the ride.  I was glad to have her company, especially since B doesn't knit or stitch.  She draws and I took her away from a project.  After doing me the favor of saving me from a long drive alone, she insisted on buying lunch. She's that kind of gal!

When we saw a scarf in here, we both immediately knew "it was B".  She loves this kind of fiber art.  But B. doesn't knit, she draws. So I bought the yarn.  (I couldn't resist; she was wearing a sweater in the same lovely shade of pink as the flowers).  It took less than 2 hours from start to finish, thanks to those size 35 needles.  Yes you read that right...size 35.   
I love the quirky, funky, look of this yarn; it's hand spun and dyed.  I think it's the perfect scarf for B, one of the most enthusiastic, positive people I know.  I hope she likes it.

Linked to Fresh Clean and Pure Friday

6 comments:

  1. Size 35s! Wow! Now that's chunky. Love the scarf! So very pretty. It's nice to be able to make that perfect gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the thoughtfulness goes both ways, Bonnie:) Are those rosebuds on the scarf? That's what they look like to me:)
    Bonnie, I really want to learn to knit or crochet. Which do you think is easier to learn? Thanks, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sounds, and so do you, like a wonderful friend to have. I so wish my mind worked that way to be able to construct things like that beautiful scarf. I have several looms and I can't even figure out how to begin and end -- I'm good during the middle. You are very industrious! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun scarf for a fun lady! I love the question she asks you when she sees you. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! 2 hours? You need to meet my friend Melinda. Just like you. Your friend B sounds darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, first of all thank you so much for sharing this most creative post last week on Fresh Clean and Pure Friday. It is so darling, that I selected it as one of the 5 featured posts from last week. I hope that you can stop by again someday with another inspirational post!

    ReplyDelete