Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What a difference a few days make

This time of year is so unpredictable.  This was my yard today.  There is a robin in my tree eating the dried crabapples.

And this was my yard two days ago.


While I love the change of seasons, I must say I am ready for some warmer weather to arrive.   This winter has been unseasonably cold. I look forward to spring as well, because it means tax seaon is over.  Tax season is a busy time at our house. Not much cooking or baking going on...

 but I did manage to felt and crochet a pansy for a crochet class that I am teaching at the Wool Cabin.  I call that progress.  Now if I could just get the leaves made and attached.

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie -- that is the sweetest little pansy. We finally received snow over the weekend -- we haven't had any since right after Christmas. It was so pretty and my youngest got to sled down our little hill. I am anxious for spring too. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty that little pansy is. My daughter has been making little felted animals. Little mice and a clown fish. So far they have been for her 4 little boys and they carry them around in their pockets. How was this flower done. Was it crocheted first then felted with the needles? She buys the wads of wool then forms the animals with the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I just crocheted the little flower in the round with Cascade 220; wool yarn that will felt. Then I put it in the sink with hot water and agitated it with my hands...alot. It works great in a top loading washer in a mesh bag but I have a front loader and since it was only a small piece, I did it in the sink. I then let it dry on the counter. It will get leaves and a pin sewn to the back, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Bonnie! And that little pansy is so cute!
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such cute things, Bonnie! That top photo is beautiful! It's been colder than usual here for the last little while too!

    ReplyDelete