Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Windy Ridge Cafe with the Girls

Last week we went to Park City to have lunch at Windy Ridge Cafe, a bright, fun, and wonderful restaurant.  My friend Rosie introduced me to it many years ago and it has remained a favorite of mine for several reasons.
  • It is a bit out of the way and it mostly caters to locals, not tourists (they don't know what they are missing).
  • The food is wonderful.
  • Their bakery is even more wonderful than the cafe.
This is one of my favorite lunch spots. We split a plate of sliders.  Our burgers were all-american, blue cheese with bacon, and avocado; I loved the Blue Cheese slider.  The waiter also kindly brought us extra set-ups so that we could share and split the bowl of South Western Corn Chowder and bread three ways. 

"What !?!, you say.  Are you guys just cheap"?  No, we were saving room for this (and we did tip generously, in spite of ordering just 2 plates for three people).


We more than made up for the very small lunch with the take-home treats we purchased at the bakery, which has been moved from the cafe building to a large building just across the back parking lot.

We each liked a different bakery item best, so that just goes to show that there is something for every taste here.  Cristie and I loved the nut bar, Barbara loved the fruit tart, and we all agreed that the lemon bar was "to die for". 





If you're looking for a great lunch spot, head on up Parley's Canyon to Windy Ridge Cafe.  And if you don't have time to eat in you can purchase some of the many pre-packaged food items from the cafe that the bakery has in their refrigerated cases.  The lasagna looked wonderful and I'd get a loaf of their bakery bread to go with it.  Whatever you do, be sure to take home some of these dazzling bakery treats.

5 comments:

  1. Yea! What a great write up of our afternoon at Windy Ridge! I agree with all you said. I am still dreaming of the nut bar and those lemon bars were truely the best I've ever had. Can we go again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun afternoon. Thanks for including me. Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! Don't you love it when the menu is so wonderful you can't make up your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Sister in law told me about this place recently. I wish I would have known in Feb, when a group of my friends and I went to PC for a get away. We looked all over for a good bakery. Found a good little cake/cupcake place in Midway. I'll have to try Windy Ridge next time! Great review.

    ReplyDelete