Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season, the fall season.  My leaves are still turning and there is still clean-up to do in the yard.   Don't rush me.  Fall is not over yet, though it will be soon enough.

I love Thanksgiving.  It's my favorite holiday.  I love comtemplating, and I enjoy a month of counting my blessings.  I am grateful for health; our own and that of my extended family.  I am grateful for a comfortable living, and for having enough to share (no small blessing these days).  I have a family who loves me unconditionally.  I have so much to be grateful for that I want the month, the entire month, to celebrate and reflect on that...I don't want Christmas and Holiday decorations up now.  It's not the time.  After Thanksgiving we will carefully unwrap my father's carvings and place them on the mantel.  We will bake, and decorate, and sing carols, and wrap gifts.  But for now,  I will be grateful and savor the beauty of this season and God's blessings and bounties. 

7 comments:

  1. Amen. I love *this* season and the time to reflect on our "thankfuls." Savoring the season with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed! Our neighbors have their Christmas lights up already. I'm hoping they were just putting them out while the weather is good and they've been lit by mistake. It's just tooooo darn early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! One thing at a time helps us to stay in the moment. Love your blog, and fall and Thanksgiving are my favorites too. (Just finished my autumn table topper today!) Love your blog! Happy month of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. November is humble and steady. I like it very much.
    Your leaves are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful for all that my husband and I have been blessed with this year. I am also grateful for the lovely blogger friends that I have met in the last few months that enrich my life with their talent that is shared with others. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanksgiving is my favorite for all the reasons you mentioned, Bonnie:) I am a little bit stressed though since everyone(6 kids, 8 grandkids) will be here and I feel a bit behind in preparation. I'm looking forward to it though. Have a great weekend, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too enjoy Thanksgiving because it revolves around family and food. No crazy Christmas spending.I love smelling turkey cooking and making pies.
    Our fall kinda disappeared 3 weeks ago with the snow we received.
    Have a wonderful weekend/Sunday

    ReplyDelete