Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What are you going to do with THAT??????


Garage Sale Lamp

We went to a garage sale.  This lamp grabbed my attention and I thought it a bargain for $10.00.  My husband didn't.  He thought I was crazy and said,  "Thank goodness it's only $10.00".  It had a ridiculous shade that looked like it was made from a Victorian corset.  I tried to leave the shade there, but my across- the-street neighbor (who runs the bed and breakfast) said, "I'll buy it from you!", (now THAT WAS CRAZY) but she wanted it so I gifted her the UGLY THING.  Maybe she has a plan for a make over too.  It would have to be a stupendous idea to salvage that shade, but who am I to judge?  (I bought the lamp, after all).




















Half a can of spray paint later.
Now he's saying, "Hey, that's not bad".  I plan to make a custom shade to go over the "new" red lamp.
I'll keep you posted on the progress. 

Linke to Turning the Table Thursday

9 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie! I hope you had a great Fourth of July! Wow! What a transformation! The lamp looks pretty, all red and rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how spray paint can save so many thrifted finds. Can't wait to see the finished reveal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very cool Bonnie! I love the red -- it will be fun to see how you're going to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie: I am a little uncertain about the lamp. Looks a little like a botched open heart surgery, but those old gas signs in the back ground are sure neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the final unveiling!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being an old "open heart team nurse" I can tell you it does not look like a botched heart surgery, trust me those look really really bad.The lamp has potential. Can't wait to see the shade, will you teach us how to make a shade?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to tell you that the botched open heart surgery was left by my husband. I think he was getting back at me for the dig I made at him for questioning the purchase. I knew it was him right away because of his comment about the gas signs....he collects the porcelin signs in the background. It was a dead giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eileen,

    I will post when I make the shade. I hope it turns out...I've never done one before but it can't be too hard. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete