Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Long HOT summer!!

A lot has been going on here since I last posted.  Time has flown by, and we've been busy.
We've had a University graduation this spring,
with a little trip thrown in before starting her summer job

That trip was followed by another vacation,







and a few stay-cations,
 We had some fun visitors stop by the Homestead.
and unfortunately a very small accident involving two of our cars and the neighboring construction crew with a big truck pulling a backhoe on a trailer.

Some knitting has happened.

It's been too hot here to do much else.  We had the hottest June ever on record in our state.
Thank goodness for cooler evenings.
Every little bit of respite helps.
I hope to get back here to post more soon.

How's your summer going?

10 comments:

  1. Bonnie you have been busy, hope your cars can be fixed. The vacation looks great, kinda looked like Mesa Verde in southern Colorado. So sorry to hear about the heat, as you know I am not a friend to heat-Fall will be here soon!
    Your knitted rabbits are soo cute. Glad to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting turned out cute and we have been where you went on vacation. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy days. Love the photos.
    It has only just turned hot here the past week or so. We're in the hayfield a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so hot I can't even bear going outside!
    Mesa Verde is wonderful. Looks like a great trip.
    Any hints on knitting the kitties? Will you teach a class? Please, please, please...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill. Maybe in the fall I'll teach the kitty. It's harder to shape than the others. It's also a bigger head than the previous patterns. I do love her though. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I hope when you say fall you mean October or later as I'll be gone the month of September. My granddaughter LOVES kitties so I'll have to make one for her.
    I enjoy reading your blog. You're the only blogger I've met!
    Try to stay cool the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- you've been a busy girl! It looks like you've been mixing fun and some not-so fun. I had no idea that it's been so hot there -- isn't it funny though -- our June was so cool -- and the wettest on record -- we're finally drying out a little.

    And you have a kitty done -- she's adorable. I have the pattern (LOVE that Julie) and have added it to my long to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your knitting is lovely. I admire your talent. Sorry it's been so darn hot. It does make it difficult to go outside. We had some heat waves here. I like it when the evening cools off. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been a busy summer here too! I can't believe one more week and our littles are back in school. They keep starting them earlier and earlier. My 10 year old granddaughter has been practicing going to bed at 7:30 because she loves school so much! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure stay busy! Looks like it was a fun summer (though HOT)! You are very industrious...I need to follow suit! Just thought I'd say "Hello", Bonnie. :)

    ReplyDelete